Author Topic: Pictures of my work area  (Read 13857 times)

Toupie

• View Profile
Pictures of my work area
« on: October 11, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »
Some pictures of my Ore Smelter and Blue Glass manufacturing facilities, my multi purpose manufacturing area and a stairway to heaven.

And yes, I have 'customized' the BlackRock bitmaps since the world was a bit to dark and depressing for me, and added the descriptions on all the ores so I can tell them apart. I mixed up Chrome and Nickel to often.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:29:22 pm by Toupie »

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Pictures of my work area
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:57:06 pm »
Qool! I want to see it in aqtion! Or maybe you qould add more more descriptions of each seqtion with zoomed in sqreenshots? What are the grey and light grey ground voxels?

The 2nd and 3rd screenshot shows a faqtory that looks a bit similar to mine (qan be seen in one of my Menger fraqtal sqreenshots). Though mine is quite different still. It's not qomplete yet, though it will look the same when it's done. The missing part is qode to automate it xD. I have hundreds of lines and there's a lot more left ^^
The whole point of it is to be as small as possible with the only automatic part being a qomputer voxel and it will be able to build anything from ores only with 1 button press ;)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 10:59:40 pm »
Hello Toupie,

Very nice project!
 :)

The Blackvoxel Team

Toupie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »
My attempt at a Stainless Steel factory. It is very slow since it has to wait for them to cool of.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »
You can cool the molten alloys with water  ;)

Use water generator or pump to get water!

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »
Nice!
And what if it takes time? If you let it work qonstantly while mining and building other things then you will have more stainless steel than you need when you need it :)

My faqtory on the other hand requires water since it only qreates the metal bars when they are needed as material. Well mine wasn't built for speed q: If I needed that then I would've built something like yours beqause it would still be faster since it works on several things at the same time!

Toupie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:47 am »
I can't use Water to cool of the molten metal when I create Stainless Steel. If I did I would get 7 Iron Bars, 2 Chrome Bars and one Nickel Bar instead of 10 Stainless Steel Bars.

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:50:50 am »
Sure you qan, just let them all touch each other before you water them.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 01:50:36 am »
Yes, melted alloys composition are mixing when in contact (the heat also spread into the "alloy bath"). So you must cool the melted voxel after mixing.  ;)

The Blackvoxel Team

Toupie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »
Finally gotten the Stainless Steel Bar factory working. I think it took me 6 hours to get it to work.

In the pictures the water source is not yet implemented, but it is done now.

I had to build this elaborate maze for the BlackRock Blue that trigger the water, and I still had to make a maze even for the water to give the molten metal time enough to mix properly. I kept having problems with the first block turning into Iron Bar instead of Stainless Steel because the water arrived to fast.
I also needed to use 10 blackrock Blue that each trigger one block of water, or the water flows to fast. It seems that if a molten metal block is moved by the conveyor into a water black it will not be cooled. I also had trouble with Sequencer and Materalizer sending out blocks into water blocks resulting in loosing water. Looks like they still send out stuff when there is a liquid on there output side. I solved it by having the sequencer send out the blackrock blue first, end then the water, otherwise the blackrock blue "eat" the water.

The optical fiber in the picture is just to return the blackrock blue back to the input side. It is the same blackrock blues that circulate around infinite. The water is also feed to the top above the molten metal with a optical fiber, but that was not built yet when I took the pictures.
I really would have wanted it to be "cleaner" but this is what I had to do to make it work stable. Way to many Materializers/Dematerializers where harmed in making this factory.

Toupie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 07:19:09 pm »
Made an semi automatic "Atomic Materializer" factory. I used as much "cheating" as I could. There is no supply chain, but instead the materials needed are stored in the Sequencers.

The Atmoic Materializer is just one one the components to the essential Voxel Materializer. And the Voxelduct is just as complex to build. So now I need to build two a more almost identical factories. One for the Voxelduct and one for the Disintegrator for the "Voxel Dematerializer" and the XR-2 robots.

I can't even imagine building a complete factory the those XR-2 Robots. It would be HUGE.
I'm starting to think that using a Programmable Robot to automate production is an easier way.

I have one picture of the factory without any material in to so it's visible how its built, and another with in work. I just put one X-Material on the "In" voxel and in a couple of seconds out comes an "Atomic Materializer".

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:08 pm »
Nice factories!
 :)

Thanks for the screenshots  ;)

The Blackvoxel Team

luminar

• View Profile