Author Topic: Dissapearing items from Atomic Compression unit  (Read 7215 times)

shadowwraith

• View Profile
Dissapearing items from Atomic Compression unit
« on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:02 am »
Blackvoxel V1.33 (Linux mint 16 Petra AMD64)

There is a problem with the Atomic Compression unit, i had

20 copper and iron bars
11 grey cast iron bars
1 base machine
1 amethyst
20 stainless steel bars

i was building them up to make the multi-purpose robot

and over 70 blackrock-white (from the blackrock-white area deep down, NOT the area with the water).

these are all gone, but the areas mined to get them have stayed the same.

It seemed to have started from the first time i added the blackrock-white voxels to the storage inventory, they don't disappear straight away, instead i have to quit the game and reload and the items are gone, but there does not appear to be a pattern or order on what items will disappear from storage.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dissapearing items from Atomic Compression unit
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:19:26 am »
Blackvoxel V1.33 (Linux mint 16 Petra AMD64)

There is a problem with the Atomic Compression unit, i had

20 copper and iron bars
11 grey cast iron bars
1 base machine
1 amethyst
20 stainless steel bars

i was building them up to make the multi-purpose robot

and over 70 blackrock-white (from the blackrock-white area deep down, NOT the area with the water).

these are all gone, but the areas mined to get them have stayed the same.

It seemed to have started from the first time i added the blackrock-white voxels to the storage inventory, they don't disappear straight away, instead i have to quit the game and reload and the items are gone, but there does not appear to be a pattern or order on what items will disappear from storage.

Thanks a lot shadowwraith, you just found a nasty bug in this version  ???

After hunting it, we managed to reproduce the bug and understand how, when and why it happens.

So, in few days at worst, we'll release a fixed version.

It seems that bug was born with the recently introduced "intelligent saving system" that was necessary for further improvement.

In the meantime, I found a workaround that could help: before saving, put or remove a block on the top of the atomic compressor. It will force saving the entire sector and the state of the atomic compressor will be recorded.

The Blackvoxel Team

shadowwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:15:15 pm »
it appears there is a similar bug in play here, i had created 2 XR-1 robots and set them next to an Atomic Compressor left them to work and collect the materials etc, but i had to quit the game to see the online manual to b/c i couldn't remember how to make another compressor.

So i placed a blackrock-blue block on top of the compressor then hit ESC to quit which also saved the game, when i returned to the game after viewing the manual, the XR-1 robots were gone along with the massive 10x10 pits they had excavated, the materials in my inventory remained the same along changes i had made to the surrounding area, just the robots and their work areas had dissappeared, there was nothing in the compressor b/c the robots hadn't finished their cycle yet.

could this be a problem with the atomic compressor or should i use F5 to manual save first before quitting the game?

shadowwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »
UPDATE:

i did a test and created another XR-1 Robot and set it to work and this time i placed a block on top of the compressor then pressed F5 to do a manual save before quitting the game, when i returned the robot was gone, so there is definitely something wrong with the saving system.

The first XR-1 i created in the first post, only a 10x12x1( approx) strip that was mined by the XR-1 survived the reload, but it was about 10 blocks away from the compressor, all the rest vanished

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:27:59 am »
Hi shadowwraith,

That's Fixed  !

New version 1.34 Beta is just released on the download section.

We fixed all we found working wrong and we hope all is fixed, but we'll control all other game elements to be sure it's completely stabilized.

Report if you have any problem with it.

Thanks again for these useful bug reports.

The Blackvoxel Team

shadowwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »
Thank you, the game appears to be running fine now. :)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »
Ok, that's fine :)

Be careful, the F10 key wasn't yet fixed.

The Blackvoxel Team