Author Topic: Machine Interface  (Read 7542 times)

Toupie

• View Profile
Machine Interface
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
Maybe make an interface panel for all the crafting machines (Base Machine, Multi-Purpose Robot...) that shows what items it has in it at the moment like the Sequencers "Input" field. Make that field so you can only pick up stuff from it and not put in stuff.

I would also be nice to be able to see what this machine can manufacture, and what is needed to manufacture it. Just as read only info so you don't need to switch to the manual all the time to check what items was needed to manufacture.

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Machine Interface
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 05:40:21 pm »
I haven't felt the need for this so while I agree that something like this would be nice, maybe this qould be left as it is for now. But I haven't built a lot of automated qrafting stations so maybe I'm not the most experienced person in this field. My opinion stands though, if it doesn't qause a lot of problems now then this qould be polished when there's more features and objects to deal with. We need things that attract more players to the game.
This should be implemented when the alpha/beta status is dropped.

ThomasMonroe

• very personal text
    • View Profile
    • Minetest
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
I'm all for this feature, I don't know how many times I've started crafting something without knowing what is in the machine and ended up wasting materials.

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 08:53:39 am »
I'm all for this feature, I don't know how many times I've started crafting something without knowing what is in the machine and ended up wasting materials.

Hi, ThomasMonroe

You'll be happy to hear that since this topic was opened, we made a way to know what's inside the machines.

This is the "Analyser" tool. It is very cheap and easy to build even in the early game phase. Put it in the "tools" part of the inventory. You can use the "F" key to switch between tools. This tool can also display very useful informations about molten metal.

https://www.blackvoxel.com/view.php?node=1627

That said, your comment make us to think about it.

It would certainly be better to make this feature availlable from start. Not like an option.

So, it is likely we'll change this in some future version.

The Blackvoxel Team