Author Topic: Congratulations?  (Read 8301 times)

scimuse

• View Profile
Congratulations?
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:16:45 am »
hi there. it has been a long time since i got involved with this game. i noticed a few things. the game has been Greenlit on Steam Hurrah!!! and your donation button is not working. I wanted to throw some money your way.

scimuse

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 01:42:50 am »
Hi, Scimuse, and sorry for our late response.

Welcome to the Blackvoxel forum and thanks for your contribution offer. It's good to see some users want to support the project.

Yes, the contribute button doesn't work at this time, so we can send you our paypal reference directly to your email.

About Steam store, yes Blackvoxel was Greenlighted. But to make things short, as the game switched to free software inbetween, the GPL v3 licence complicated the process.

But you can expect that Blackvoxel will integrate traditional free software distribution channels in addition to the download section on this website.

The Blackvoxel Team

d3x0r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:47 am »
http://keeperrl.com/

Also on Steam, also GPL.... (well v2; did v3 add something about not charging money? )

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »
http://keeperrl.com/

Also on Steam, also GPL.... (well v2; did v3 add something about not charging money? )

Hi D3X0R, glad to see you.

That's an interesting information. Thank's for the exemple.

As far as we know, GPL V3 didn't forbid to charge money. It's explicitly permitted.

In fact, when we were Greenlighted, Steam send us a message a few days after to warn us there might be some incompatibilities with GPL V3 and their distribution contract.

At this point, we think that the question worth to be considered and we'll investigate more.

The Blackvoxel Team