Author Topic: FOV  (Read 5882 times)

Qon

• View Profile
FOV
« on: July 07, 2015, 05:29:37 pm »
I want FOV options. I normally only play 3D first person games if I can play with a vertical FOV angle of at least 130. This game isn't very action oriented and I spend most of my time in my text editor writing code, but I think it's time we got a setting for this in the game now.

If you make a slider then please show the numbers also so that I know what setting I choose.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FOV
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »
I want FOV options. I normally only play 3D first person games if I can play with a vertical FOV angle of at least 130. This game isn't very action oriented and I spend most of my time in my text editor writing code, but I think it's time we got a setting for this in the game now.

If you make a slider then please show the numbers also so that I know what setting I choose.

Thanks for this suggestion.

We think it is a good idea to add this setting.

We added it to the "Todo" list.

The Blackvoxel Team

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 05:32:45 pm »
Thanks!

Obani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »
Some people say it's easy to make a FOV effect with C++. Minetest actually did it, so maybe you could try to adapt this t BlackVoxel.

I didn't already looked for it so I'll just give you this link  ;) : https://github.com/minetest/minetest/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=FOV