Author Topic: The v1.38 bug report thread!  (Read 8026 times)

Qon

• View Profile
The v1.38 bug report thread!
« on: July 07, 2015, 05:24:29 pm »
First report:
W7.
Pressing the "edit" button deletes (well it removes all the contents of the existing file or removes it and creates a new empty file) the script that is already there! So if I try to edit 0.nut with the edit button BV deletes my 0.nut and opens a new empty notepad window. It does find my current scripts because it prints out the first line comment of the 0.nut script under the edit button. I don't even have to press save in notepad for this to happen so it is deleted as soon as I press the edit button.

I was lucky and had the file opened in my text editor of choice so I could undo to get my code back. This could have been much worse otherwise... please fix asap before someone loses all their work! :o

Qon

• View Profile
Re: The v1.38 bug report thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:17:55 pm »
When I use F1 on the RTFM voxel this address is opened http://www.blackvoxel.com/view.php?node=12510
instead of the correct http://www.blackvoxel.com/view.php?node=1522

Edit:
Also a suggestion: The RTFM voxel should tell you to use F1 so that you actually get to the manual instead of just telling you that you should go there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:19:32 pm by Qon »

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:04:19 pm »
When I try to pick up items that are too hard for my tool the sound and the "too hard" message are delayed sometimes. If I just click and wait it can take several seconds. If I double click or spam the sound from the first sound is played when I click the second time.
And one time when I tried to do it and held down the mouse button I grabbed the current item in my inventory in the sidebar and could move the items around. This was not in the inventory screen. Really weird...

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 09:00:25 pm »
PlayerAddAccel: Does nothing. (I can't see any movement)
PlayerSetAccel: Sets player velocity (not player acceleration!) to (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) no matter what input is given. (Player stops jumping or falling but I can't se any difference no matter what axis I set to 10.0)

PlayerAddVelocity and PlayerSetVelocity functions are missing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:11:54 pm by Qon »

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
Bug: print and error don't write to stdout.txt and stderr.txt anymore!

Bug: Using this code
Code: [Select]
state <- 0
function log(str) {
    Display(str,1000,2,0)
    print(GetGameTime() + " " + str + "\n")
    error(GetGameTime() + " " + str + "\n")
}
function Voxel_Step() {
    if(state == 0) {
        state = 1
        log(GetInfo(1) + "  " + GetInfo(2) + "  " + GetInfo(3))
        PlayerMove(0.0, 30.0, 0.0)
        log(GetInfo(1) + "  " + GetInfo(2) + "  " + GetInfo(3))
    }
}
I get thrown up to Z = 5000 instead of 30. Or is PlayerMove supposed to use voxel distances? It takes floats (and does not accept ints) and there is only one PlayerMove function that can move the player...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:59:00 pm by Qon »

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »
Hi Qon,

Glad to see you and sorry for our late reply (we were out in a free software event all the week).

Thanks for reporting all these bugs on the 1.38beta.

We'll fix these quickly and get out 1.39beta.

Too bad, we missed that nasty "edition bug" in our tests  :o . It could be specific to the Windows version (as it didn't show in Linux).

Yes, the functions with "accel" should have been named "velocity". We'll change that and retest the whole functionalities. We'll publish example code.

About the print/error output, the stdout.txt and stderr.txt aren't used anymore. Now, the output is made directly into the terminal as in the Linux version.

The Blackvoxel Team

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 05:38:31 pm »
It can be useful to be able to separate out and err though. And I can't copy from the terminal window, search through big output or even go back to the beginning if there's a lot of output. Would be nice if stdout and stderr could be used as an option.

Also, how do I choose what text editor is opened with the "Edit" button? I'm prefer to use Sublime Text...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:41:30 pm by Qon »

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 06:21:13 pm »
It can be useful to be able to separate out and err though. And I can't copy from the terminal window, search through big output or even go back to the beginning if there's a lot of output. Would be nice if stdout and stderr could be used as an option.

Also, how do I choose what text editor is opened with the "Edit" button? I'm prefer to use Sublime Text...

This could be an option for some future releases.

You can choose your favorite editor now in the "Hardware_Settings.dat" file with the field "Setting_Favorite_Editor".

Simply put the name of your executable file (or the complete path if the program is not in the standard path).

The Blackvoxel Team