Author Topic: windows 7 game locked up  (Read 6405 times)

knighthawke1314

• View Profile
windows 7 game locked up
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:49:00 pm »
I have windows 7, downloaded the game, messed with the game resolution settings, (i believe they are too high) when i look at the log it tells me there is no video device capable of that setting and now i have no idea how to get back into the game to change the settings back lower. please help :)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: windows 7 game locked up
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:59:37 am »
I have windows 7, downloaded the game, messed with the game resolution settings, (i believe they are too high) when i look at the log it tells me there is no video device capable of that setting and now i have no idea how to get back into the game to change the settings back lower. please help

Thanks for reporting the problem.

There is a way to get back to the default settings.

The settings for Blackvoxel are stored in a directory called "Blackvoxel" in the "My document" directory.

In this directory is a file called "Settings_Hardware.dat". It's where hardware settings for Blackvoxel are stored.

You can delete this file. And the next time you will launch Blackvoxel, the default settings will be used. The file will be created again when you go to the settings in Blackvoxel and save to exit.

Alternatively, you can edit it with a text editor and set your hardware resolution to something you want.

If you play fullscreen, it is important to set the resolution matching your LCD native resolution.

Many users want to use windowed mode for using manual at the same time. In this case, set some resolution inferior to the LCD and unset the "full screen" setting.

The Blackvoxel Team
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:22:54 am by olive »

knighthawke1314

• View Profile
Re: windows 7 game locked up
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:51:27 am »
Thank you so much i will try this