Author Topic: Extended voxel interface  (Read 6304 times)

Toupie

• View Profile
Extended voxel interface
« on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »
How about an extended voxel interface between the programmable robot and the atomic compressor that lets the programmable robot query the compressors storage to see how many and what voxel types it has. And also the ability to get a specific voxel type.

This could be limited to higher tier robots and compressors.

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Extended voxel interface
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »
...and a quantity to push. Otherwise the simulation will freeze when you move around items with quantity 0xffffffff  q:

Yves

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 10:42:53 pm »
I have a wish of the same kind: I created a robot that digs automatically and then also stores each kind of voxel at the right place. So far so good.
My problem is, that storing eg. 5000 black-voxels in a storage takes a lot of time! Each time I see one of my robots stuck to a storage because of such an important stock, I end up taking the remaining voxels from its stock, so that I can put everything at once in the storage.
It becomes even more of a problem when I have several robots working simultaneously: a single robot can keep other robots from accessing a storage :-(

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:28:13 am »
Hello Yves,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Yes, the transfer speed is rather slow.
At origin, we didn't made the programmable robot very efficient at mining in order to keep interest to the other mining robots. That said, the item transfer speed could be made better without harming this goal. This limitation isn't very interesting to keep and could harm some good use of the programmable robot in factories. We'll think about this and it's very likely we'll retain this wish and make some improvement.

The Blackvoxel Team