Author Topic: Voxel_Load Voxel_Unload  (Read 6683 times)

Toupie

• View Profile
Voxel_Load Voxel_Unload
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »
Is there a way yo use then Voxel_Load and Voxel_Unload to store the state of variables when the game is saved and loaded?

When I place a computer it automatically starts executing script 0.nut and also seems to execute the Voxel_Load function. But if I change script in the computer dialog and hits "Load / Compile" the Voxel_Load function does not get called for that script. That doesn't look correct to me.

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Voxel_Load Voxel_Unload
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:54:53 pm »
I believe not. I also want this and I did suggest it in a thread earlier. But it's really important and the more who signs the easier it is for the dev team to see what we prioritize. I qan't make fraqtals that take days to create without ever saving until it's done when windows restarts whenever it feels like it.

The Load/Unload functions have problems, yes. Good news: Olive said they found and reproduced the bug that I reported. I'm not sure if your problem is the same bug or almost the same. Check the bug thread and see what you think.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24:34 am »
Is there a way yo use then Voxel_Load and Voxel_Unload to store the state of variables when the game is saved and loaded?

When I place a computer it automatically starts executing script 0.nut and also seems to execute the Voxel_Load function. But if I change script in the computer dialog and hits "Load / Compile" the Voxel_Load function does not get called for that script. That doesn't look correct to me.

Yep, there's bug. The problem was reported few days ago. That's fixed and reworked in our code now. Also fixed some Squirrel libraries that wasn't loading as they should in the 1.21. This will enable using files and a lot of other functions in your programs.

We'll release a beta in few days  :)

The Blackvoxel Team

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:07:13 am »
Awesome olive!