Author Topic: School Mode  (Read 5395 times)

d3x0r

• View Profile
School Mode
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:11:02 am »
Hello!  Great to see updates from y'all.

School shouldn't be tedious.... Right now, to get to be able to make your first tool... you have to dig, and I'm gussing it's 1.5 seconds(? 2?) per dig block?

( 64 * 3 = 192 ) * 1.5 = 382 seconds... 6 and a half minutes. (9 almost 10 minutes?)

And then I can find greenstone, and be able to return with it to the surface where my machine.

The document says.
'Where can you find it ?
You can find this voxel in the ground into the central blue flat zone.'  And the picture shows it on top of black rock blue... I know it's just showing the same block on the same oroginal blank stage, but... it does sort of imply that it can be over blackrrock blue - and it never is.

So ... I think " it's just another random block like copper, okay I'll keep digging sideways... surely they wouldn't force me to climb up and down all the time... " and dig t alot sideways, so now 30 minutes later and still no greenrock ...

Most voxelish digging games put rock only a little ways below dirt.... 4-8 voxels... because there's an infinite supply of dirt (blackrock blue).

So, optimally that's 6 minutes after the first 5-8 playing with the RTFM and external help; and having the cursor trapped to the game, so I can't click back on the browser... (tough, I know, to own the cursor, but give it up when you don't have it. )  There are lose focus events that you can revert the cursor capture... )

And if I was really new, I'd be sidetracked by copper and iron and other things, and it would really take me a long time to get to green rock; (I mentioned that earlier, it's realistically at LEAST 7 minutes, to make your first tool).

I wanted to learn to program, not spend my time in a clicker.

-----
let me just reiterate, as i was closing this window... I missed the (X) a little...

1) when the game is not in focus, do not setmousepotiion on mouse event.  (background window of the browser, I miss the scroll bar a bit, and my mouse snaps to the other thing, but I was JUST typing in the browser... and then I have to get back to the scrollbar, but if there isn't actually another window over where the mosue moves, it's stuck, until you hit I to get to invenotry (free mouse) or something

2) alt-F4 doesn't work.

3) window isn't resizable by clicking on the frame (if you could somehow get the mouse off the game-focus :) )
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:30:59 am by d3x0r »

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: School Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:51:24 pm »
Hi D3x0r,

Thanks for your comment and tought!

The good new is that you don't have to dig. In school mode, a special key "j" give you access to programmable robots and other automations automation stuff directly without following the habitual proces (digging, collecting resources, making metals).

Open the inventory and press "j" key. Pressing again give access to another page. Look at this page http://www.blackvoxel.com/view.php?node=1560

Your post suggest us some improvements to the school mode to let user know minimal information on how to get started. We will think about it.

Best regards,
The Blackvoxel Team

d3x0r

• View Profile
Re: School Mode
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 12:47:11 pm »
Okay great
I'm not sure your notify option is working for everyone; I'm at gmail, and I'm certain I set notify on the message.