Author Topic: Area of Giant Trees  (Read 9448 times)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Area of Giant Trees
« on: October 12, 2013, 12:02:18 am »
Hello everybody,

Which has already been in the area of ​​Giant Trees?

The Blackvoxel Team

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Area of Giant Trees
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 12:34:18 am »
I went to it when I began playing. I did not have any voxels to place so I qouldn't build any bridges and since I've seen the monsters attacks in the "Spotlight on greenlight" (holy sh*t bleeeeeeeeeeeep was my initial reaqtion xD) video I decided that I didn't want to risk it by running through. I didn't know how to avoid saving by then and I had grown tired of dieing and restarting the game over and over q:
I watched 1 attack and then ran back to base. I've stayed home since then. I will disqover more when my faqtory is finished, because then I will have a plane!

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 01:19:38 am »
 ;D

Notify us when the plane will be built!

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 02:05:54 am »
Of qourse! But finishing the faqtory qode will take a lot of time. Some of the basiqs are qomplete. I have enqoded all the recipes and voxel ids.  It qan not pick up metal bars but if I pick those up manually and insert them into the inventory of the qomputer it qan use them and other basiq ingredients to form new materials and use them to make new materials (and so on). It should also be able to handle recipes that requires more than 20 voxel types so it has to use atomiq qompressors as seqondary storage. It should also make all the necessary materials of the same type in a sequence so that it doesn't have to go back and forth so much.
After that I will be able to just give a variable an array like this [1, planeZ1, 5, programmableRobot] and it will make me a plane and 5 programmable qomputers by just starting the sqript ;)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:56 am »
@Qon

Beautiful ambitious project  8)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 03:38:36 am »
The video Spotlight on Greenlight is here :

http://youtu.be/Wiher07lm9s

:)

Toupie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
Yea, I've visited the Giant Tree area.
It's very pretty. Huge nice tree's.
To bad you can't go anywhere near them without being blown to pieces by those happy faces.

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:19:04 am »
Yea, I've visited the Giant Tree area.
It's very pretty. Huge nice tree's.
To bad you can't go anywhere near them without being blown to pieces by those happy faces.

Yep, that's all the problem of adding enemies in a game. In one part, they add challenge, on other part, they can annoy the player just wanting to visit the world.

That's also all the problem with the work we are doing on new enemies.