Author Topic: Just started using this engine today!  (Read 7782 times)

RyanJJ007

• View Profile
Just started using this engine today!
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:02:51 am »
So, I just started using this engine today, and already I've begun making my own collection of changes and such. I've decided to use this engine for making my own small project game (real minor since I am with a studio that is designing a larger game, and need to be apart of that as much as possible.) However my expertise in almost all areas of game design and development really helps me chisel out prompt changes to the engine for the game I'm building off it. The only part I'm lacking mostly in the game development world, is truly programming. My background is mostly all 3D Art, texturing isn't exactly my strong suit, however I can do texturing just fine.

Anyway, starting off I've begun to change minor things, like textures, sounds, and some really small mechanical things to help make it a game for my satisfaction. I do like the idea of strange, mysterious nothingness which the engine currently has, however I'd like to design my own profound version of a voxel infinite world, and Blackvoxel is making this come true.

Anyway, I really would like to thank you gents at Blackvoxel, and I really appreciate what you've done with this, and the free source release too, that's excellent!

I hope to return for mass collections of questions, I know I'll have tons of them!

Once again, thanks!

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just started using this engine today!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:25:06 am »
Hi, and welcome to Blackvoxel.

Glad to see you enjoy Blackvoxel engine and it's universe style and mysterious ambience.

We are happy to see some creators to find interest in free software development.

Textures for the Blackvoxel engine are easy to do because of it's lighting model.

We would be very interested to follow your creation.

Good work ;)

The Blackvoxel Team

Stomberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 01:21:24 pm »
I'm a new user as well. I wonder why Blackvoxel isn't more popular than it is... It offers so much freedom from what I gathered so far.

Enigma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:13:59 am »
I'm a new user as well. I wonder why Blackvoxel isn't more popular than it is... It offers so much freedom from what I gathered so far.

Hi Stomberg and welcome to the Blackvoxel Forum,  :)

Thanks for your positive feedback!

We are thinking about some ways to make Blackvoxel more popular.

There is also some work on the way that could contribute to that.  ;)

Also, we would be happy to know how you knew Blackvoxel.

The Blackvoxel Team

MileySite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 09:57:38 am »
u enjoy Blackvoxel engine and it's universe style and