Author Topic: Your creations in Blackvoxel  (Read 8841 times)

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your creations in Blackvoxel
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:18:39 pm »
Hello,

The Gallery is dedicated to your creations in Blackvoxel!

Post here the screenshots of your creations.

If you want, you can upload your images to the forum hosting space. Use the "Attachments and other options" located below the text posting box. The recommended size is 640 pixels wide.

The Blackvoxel Team
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:59:02 am by olive »

Qon

• View Profile
Re: Your creations in Blackvoxel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:08:22 am »
I qould if I qould, but when I try to take a sqreenshot of BV all the images portray my desktop with a small black reqtangle in the upper left qorner. :/

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:45:58 am »
Hello Qon,

What Operating System are you using to run Blackvoxel?

The Blackvoxel Team

Qon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:35:47 pm »
Win7. Oops I didn't write that down. I thought about doing it but then I forqot :>

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:53 pm »
We will look at it.

The Blackvoxel Team

olive

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 11:23:29 pm »
Ok, we reproduced the issue successfully.

It seem Windows 7 take the image of the terminal background rather than the displayed image when you press the "print screen" key. Windows 8 and Linux takes correct screenshot of the rendered surface. Windows XP is untested.

As we plan to suppress the terminal in the future on the windows port of the game (Blackvoxel is developed on Linux) it will hopefully fix the issue.

For now, you can use the following workarounds that we tested are working good on Windows 7:

(1) Use windowed mode for taking screenshots in blackvoxel rather than fullscreen mode. You might have to eventually crop the image to take out the borders. If you need to get back the mouse cursor, use the F1 key (F2 to lock it back).

(2) Use a dedicated program like Fraps. That's what we use. It is not only good at taking screenshots of games and getting fps informations, but it takes also good video without taking too much CPU time. The program isn't free but there is a free version that can be sufficient for occasional use.

The Blackvoxel Team